Community Scholarship Fund
- Let us help you succeed!
- Sulphur graduates
who show promise of continued academic achievement and who have a financial need.
- Guidelines apply. Please see Sulphur High School Senior Counselor
Back to School Program
Each year before school starts.
Applications at our assistance office112 E. Thomas St. 9-1 and 2-4. 287-4793. If you receive a monthy food box, please come
at your regular time.
If you would
like to donate to help Sulphur students, please call 528-2273 or mail a check with "Back to School" in the memo
area and mail to Care Help of Sulphur 200 N. Huntington St. Sulphur, LA 70663. We buy in bulk and your donation
will help cover the cost. We also take donations through PayPal "Care Help" Thank you and God bless you as
you help low income children in need.
Sulphur school age children in need receive
a gift card for new pair of shoes.
Proof of Sulphur residency, photo ID, for everyone in household-social security card, bills,
income, food stamp sheet and birth certificate for student.
Backpack Blessings Program
- Provides low income, school aged children with weekend food during
the school year.
- If you would like to
donate, please give us a call at 528-2273. We would appreciate your donations towards helping students in need.
- Items needed
throughout the school year:
- Individual, easy to open- Jiffy to Go, Vienna Sausage, fruit cups, Pudding Snackpacks,
individual crackers and cookies and Poptarts.
CLICK HERE to see a video about our Backpack Blessings program!
Sulphur Community Christmas
- Taking applications starting Monday, November 2,2020
- Serving West Cameron and West Calcasieu residents
- Location: Care Help of Sulphur's Assistance
Office to pre-qualify Mon-Fri 9-1 & 2-4 Location: 112 E. Thomas Street in Sulphur 337-287-4793.
- Qualified receive a food box
ages 2-17 December 13 Parents shop in Community Christmas Store
Give-December 6, Qualified children shop for their parents or guardians in Care Help's Thrift Store for free. We wrap the
gift and serve a meal too!
- Senior citizens ages 62+ in need receive a food box including a turkey or ham and
Walmart gift card
- What to bring: Photo ID, birth certificate, Social Security
cards, proof of address, all income and all bills.
- Christmas is a time for us to be God's hands reaching
out to those in need as we celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.